Ed Tech Tweets
I tried out Twitter in April, 2011 after learning about different ways it could be used for professional development. Before that, I (like so many others) thought that Twitter was just another social media site with a bit of trashy reputation. Since I joined Twitter, I’ve completely changed my feeling about the service. Twitter is full of professionals and experts who routinely share ideas, resources, and strategies with fellow users. I’ve learned a lot and try to share valuable resources as I find them. That’s why you’ll find a brief Twitter feed of my recent tweets on the lower-right sidebar on any page, and there’s a link to my Twitter page on the top menubar. If you’re not a Twitter user, here are my recent tweets and retweets. Are you a teacher or education professional interested in learning more integrating Twitter into your best practices? Take a look at a workshop I led in December, 2011 about ways to use Twitter as an educator. I hope this is helpful for you!
@marek_beck Sure, I'd be happy to! What can I do for you?
@MrMongillo Thanks so much for coming! Let me know if I can ever help with TUSS if you decide to give it a go. Glad you found it exciting!
@LoriAndrada Thank you for the kind words! Glad you're excited about TUSS. Let me know if I can ever help!
Really enjoying the #cecacasl2014 conference! Great keynote addresses, followed by a terrific session about using Chromebook carts in class.
@williampd I was actually thinking of the same thing when we were talking outside. :)
Eager to see! -- Google's partnering with Samsung and others for new educational devices this spring http://t.co/9P3alh7h6l
Took a break, now diving back in! #twitterfatigue
Can a school district deploy 250+ websites using WP Multisite with a minimum of support by outside contractors? Come see at 5:10! #wcbos
@lettergrade Best tweet of the day! :)
RT @JeanneLeblanc: WordPress security expert Brennen Byrne at Boston WordCamp showing security threats by hacking copies of Cardinals sites…
@mgohagon Thanks! Can't PM you without you following me. I'm free anytime - just tell me where and when.
@mgohagon Are you free to meet up at some point today for a few minutes to talk Twitter? Maybe lunch?
@ITD_Fielding I am too! Eager to integrate Minecraft into my instruction.
It's rare that I get to dive into building a new site from scratch. It's a great change from the usual routine and a valuable refresher too!
What core components should all teacher websites (PreK-12) have?
Best wishes to all the educators out there for a successful school year! Back to work tomorrow morning!
Why is WP great? Because when you build what's great for 95% of users, the remaining 5% aren't out of luck - they can have a plugin! #wcpvd
RT @jedipadmaster: Kids are great imitators. Give them something great to imitate!
Using #Minecraft with my students.Great edu value! Any opinions on the version made for iOS or on the knock off/clones available as well?
RIP AltaVista! You did us proud. Sorta. Kinda. Well, absence makes the heart grow fonder! http://t.co/hhQyKBMM3n
@iMD0fficial Took a twitter hiatus & am just seeing this! That's gr8 news! Won't be there 1st week but c u weeks 2-6! Got gr8 stuff planned!
How can educational technology leaders stay relevant in rapidly changing times? http://t.co/euM25em8MB
@iMD0fficial - What model camera do you have? (The one we used for the slo-mo rocket launch.) Looking to buy a good camera for slo-mo.
@jmiloj Great ideas! Thank you! I'll let you know what I put together!
@iMD0fficial No worries! I will miss the first week because Avon Schools run late. But I'll be there for the whole second session.
@iMD0fficial thanks! Hoping to upgrade eventually! Nice to see that the cost is dropping! See you this summer, hopefully!
Neat to see what a modern iMac's precursor looked like. I'd never seen this model before. Anyone ever get to use one? http://t.co/HS16r0pE
@Uniquerdm Glad I could be of help. :)
@iear Only mirroring, but eager to hear others' ideas! I would love to expand my use of our ATVs!