SMARTer Teaching with SMART Boards – December 9, 2011
Workshop Video (Part 1)
Workshop Video (Part 2)
- Brief review of how SMART Boards work and how to use their basic features (if necessary)
- Examine the 10 Principles of Interactive Whiteboard Lesson Design and Implementation
- Look at examples of the principles put into practice
- Develop lessons together that use the principles
- There are shockingly few GOOD videos on the internet that effectively show you how to use SMART Notebook for basic teaching functions. One helpful set I found was made by an educational technologist named Marcia Jeans. Her YouTube page has over 25 short videos that teach you specific skills you’ll need to be a SMART Notebook “power user” in the classroom. When on her page, enter “SMART Notebook” in the search box to find the relevant tutorials.
- Download the Principles of Interactive Whiteboard Lesson Design and Implementation here.
- Download SMART Notebook here. Remember, you can legitimately download SMART Notebook 10 for use in your classroom or at home as long as your BUILDING has a SMART Board. Notebook 10 has a 30 day free trial, but you can enter the serial number of your SMART Board to register your software.
- Try out SMART Notebook Express here. Remember, this is still a beta (work-in-progress) release, so some features haven’t been implemented yet and there may still be some bugs. But it definitely works!
interactive whiteboard Principles of Interactive Whiteboard Lesson Design and Implementation SMART Board SMART Notebook
Comments are closed.